We are all becoming increasingly aware of the importance of addressing the mind and body as one when it comes to our health. While many of us are good at taking notice when our physical health is suffering, we are not as good at considering our emotional health or that of our mind. Counselling offers a way of re-addressing the mind-body balance when it comes to managing our health.
What can counselling help with?
Many people seek counselling for help when thinking about what is happening currently in their lives.
They may be struggling with depression, anxiety or stress; however, they could also be facing relationship issues, work problems, stress related illnesses or grief.
The way we react to a set of circumstances or problems can be rooted in our past experiences. These past experiences can then influence how we react to our present situation.
What to expect from counselling?
Your counsellor is there to listen to your story and work with you in a supportive way, giving you the space to make sense of what is currently impacting you at this point in your life.
You are in a safe, non-judgemental environment working towards ways of moving forwards.
Your counsellor can help you understand yourself better.
What are the benefits of counselling?
Counselling can help you manage:
- Difficult life events such as the loss of a loved one
- Relationship problems, whether with family, friends or a partner
- Difficult emotions that you are struggling to deal with or understand
- Traumatic experiences
- Long-term physical health problems.
Why choose us for counselling?
- Penny is an experienced counsellor having been in the field for 11 years.
- Beckenham and Bromley Chiropractic Clinic is a safe haven from the moment you come through the door, giving you the space you need to address your health needs.
- Penny’s goal is to work with you by developing mutual trust.
- Each of our treatments can work independently, however we also operate as a multidisciplinary team, working together to manage your condition.