National Allotment Week is from 10th-16th August. Are you going to be outside gardening?
Top tips for allotment beginners
- Wear loose clothes to aid free movement
- Don’t go straight into heavy work, start with lighter jobs to reduce the chance of muscle strain
- Do one activity for 20-30 minutes before changing job and take regular breaks
- Buy several smaller bags of compost rather than one big bag; they are easier to carry and so reduce the risk of injury
- Keep heavy tools locked in a shed to save you transporting them
Information from BCA website